For the lack of human resources on campus, campus hinterland vast conditions, hope by RFID new technology, can help to improve the campus security maintenance. This RFID card is used for all occasions with cash, tickets or identification (including student card, library card, access card, attendance of teaching staff, attendance of teaching staff meeting, canteen consumption, bathroom water management, dormitory power management, computer room charge, parking lot, canteen consumption and other small amount consumption).
2. Basic principle and application status of RFID Technology
RFID is the abbreviation of radio frequency identification, which is also known as “electronic tag”. RFID technology is a non-contact automatic identification technology with electromagnetic wave as the transmission means. Its basic principle is to use the transmission characteristics of radio frequency signal and spatial coupling (inductive or electromagnetic coupling) to automatically identify the target object and obtain relevant data through radio frequency signal, so as to realize the automatic identification of the identified object without manual intervention. The system structure is shown in the figure. Another important performance index of RFID system is the reading distance, or the coverage of the RFID system. The maximum distance for a reader to reliably read a tag first depends on the performance of the tag. The active tag powered by battery has a longer reading distance, while the passive tag without battery has a shorter working distance with the reader. Secondly, the performance of tag and reader antenna, as well as environmental factors will affect the reading distance.
The basic working process of RFID system is: the reader sends a certain frequency RF signal through the antenna; When the RFID tag enters the working area of the reader, its antenna generates induced current, the RFID tag gets energy, is activated and sends its own coding information to the reader; The reader receives the carrier signal from the tag, demodulates and decodes the received signal, and then sends it to the computer host for processing; The computer system judges the validity of the tag according to the logic operation, makes corresponding processing and control for different settings, and sends out command signals; The data demodulation part of RFID tag demodulates the data from the received RF pulse and sends it to the control logic, which receives instructions to complete the storage, transmission or other operations.
3. RFID campus card management system design
At present, the campus management system of most colleges and universities adopts the ordinary original paper certificate management technology or simple IC card technology management system. Although these management systems can complete simple management, there are still some problems that are not conducive to the application and development of campus management system. For example, it is difficult for the school to understand the situation of students’ late return and class situation in time, and it is easy to get or lose too many student certificates.
3.1 system structure
RFID based campus card management system mainly consists of three parts: RHD based campus card, smart card reader and campus card management system. The system structure is shown in Figure 1. The management system uses microcomputer to display, analyze and manage the acquired data.
3.2 the working principle is shown in Figure 1. According to the modulation of electronic tags, it can be divided into active and passive. When the tag enters the magnetic field area, the received reader sends out a signal, and the tag sends out the information stored in the tag (passive tag) or actively sends a signal of a certain frequency (active tag) by virtue of the energy obtained by the induced current; After reading and decoding the information, the reader sends it to the computer communication network for processing. Through reading, distinguishing and processing the data in the campus card, the system can effectively provide cardholder identification, financial application, e-wallet and security functions. First of all, when applying for the campus card, initialize the basic personal information, complete the initialization of the card and the establishment of the background database; secondly. In the process of use, cardholders can use this card to effectively connect with financial institutions to complete the functions of transfer and e-wallet payment.
3.3 software design
RFID based campus card management system is based on Microsoft Visual studio.net development platform and MS SQL Server database. To be able to manage the study, work and life of students and staff on campus, which greatly facilitates the life of students and staff. The campus card management system mainly includes four functions: identification, financial application, teaching management and system maintenance.
1. Identity management. Identity management includes examination documents, access control system and book borrowing and other functions. The examination certificate can replace the traditional function of admission certificate; Access control system can effectively record and manage students’ daily life and late return; The book borrowing function can replace the traditional library card to complete the book borrowing function.
2. Financial application management. Financial application management mainly completes the activities related to payment in campus. The most basic functions include: dining in restaurants, canteens and fast food restaurants; Shopping in shopping malls, retail stores and bookstores; Sports venues, clubs and entertainment centers, etc; Water, electricity, laundry and other daily charges; School medical fees. In addition, it can also develop the transfer function with off campus banks and the application in off campus finance.
3. Teaching management. Teaching management is mainly to complete the activities related to teaching. It includes: registration and cancellation of student status, daily management of student status and daily educational administration activities.
4. System maintenance. System maintenance includes the following four parts: database recovery, database backup, user information maintenance, password update. For the sake of data security, the functions of data recovery and backup and password update are arranged to further ensure the security of data in the system.
4. Concluding remarks
RFID has a product classification and standard system that spans multiple frequency bands and has a variety of working modes. Combined with the application needs of the school, the school can install RFID induction equipment in the gate, teaching building, dormitory building and other places, and distribute RFID certificates to students, then it can record and analyze the teaching attendance and boarding attendance, and assist in student behavior management.
The main functions of RFID system application software are as follows:
1) You can query the number and regional distribution of current personnel
2) The area of any designated person at the current or designated time
3) Activity trace of any designated person on the same day or date
4) Select an area to get the personnel information of the current area
5) Students’ information can be downloaded by hand-held reader and their certificates can be checked at any time
6) Support MSSQL and MySQL database extension
7) Seamless connection with school education management information system
Editor in charge: CT