PCB purchasers often don’t know how the price of PCB is composed when purchasing PCB! It is not convenient for inquiry and purchase. Here is a brief introduction to the basic elements of the price of circuit board! Of course, according to the process and materials of each PCB production factory, the price of each factory is also different. In addition, the factors of the circuit board itself also determine that the cost calculation focuses are different, ranging from simple (length * width * square unit price) to complex (calculated according to process requirements \ quality requirements), which should be analyzed according to the specific situation!
1、 As far as the plate is concerned, the main factors affecting the price are as follows:
1. Plate materials: FR-4 and CEM-3, which are our common double-sided and multilayer plates. Their prices are also related to the plate thickness and the thickness of copper foil in the middle of the plate. Fr-i and CEM-1 are our common single panel materials, and the price of this material is very different from that of the above double-sided and multilayer plates.
2. Plate thickness, its thickness is common to us: 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0, 3.4, while the thickness price of our conventional plate is not very different.
3. The thickness of copper foil will also affect the price. The thickness of copper foil is generally divided into 18 (0.5oz), 35 (1oz), 70 (2oz), 105 (3oz), 140 (4oz), etc. (Oz is the abbreviation of the symbol ounce, which is called “ounce” (translated as Oz in Hong Kong) in Chinese. It is an English unit of measurement and is also called English liang when it is used as a unit of weight. 1oz = 28.35g (g))
4. The suppliers of raw materials are: Shengyi \ Jiantao \ international and so on
Relatively speaking, the price impact of drilling is not as great as that of plate, but if there are too many holes and too small, the price will have to be calculated separately. If the hole diameter is less than 0.1, the price will be higher.
2、 Process cost:
1. It depends on the circuit on PCB. If the wire density is less than 4 / 4mm, the price will be calculated separately
2. In addition, if there is BGA on the board, the cost will rise relatively. Some PCB manufacturers are BGA, and how much is it
3. Depending on the surface treatment process, we often have: lead tin (hot air leveling), OSP (environmental protection board), pure tin, tin, silver, gold, etc. of course, the price will be different with different surface processes.
4. It also depends on the process standard; We often use ipc2, but some customers have higher requirements (such as Japanese capital). We often use ipc2, ipc3, enterprise standard, military standard, etc. of course, the higher the standard, the higher the price.
3、 Finally, it depends on the shape of PCB. For example, we often use milling shape, but the shape of some boards is very complex, so we have to open the mold and punch it. In this way, there will be a set of mold cost.
To sum up, the basic factors affecting the price of PCB are as follows:
1. Plate size
2. Number of layers
3. Surface treatment (immersion gold, lead free Hal, OSP,…)
5. Plate (normal FR4, Rogers, PTFE…)
There are other factors that also have an impact on prices
1. The line spacing between lines is too small
2. Large number of holes
3. The minimum hole diameter is too small
5. The tolerance is too tight
6. Plate thickness aperture ratio
6. Special requirements (the finished product is too thin or thick, plated with thick copper, pasted with non repeatable bar code, etc.)