The English name of LED is light emitting diode and the Chinese name is light emitting diode. It is a common light-emitting device. LED has a wide range of applications in daily life, such as lighting, advertising lights, guide lights, screens, etc. it can be divided into monochrome LED, color changing LED, flashing LED, infrared LED, UV LED and organic LED. So what are the advantages and disadvantages of LED lamps compared with traditional lamps? Next, I’ll give you a brief introduction.
Advantages of LED lamps
1. Good environmental protection. LED lamps are made of non-toxic materials, which can be recycled and reused with better environmental benefits.
2. Energy saving. LED lamps save more than 80% energy than incandescent lamps and more than 50% energy than energy-saving lamps.
3. Long service life. The service life of LED lamp can reach 60000 to 100000 hours.
4. Fast response. The LED light reacts quickly and lights up immediately after the power is turned on.
5. Strong and durable. The LED lamp is completely encapsulated in epoxy resin, which is very strong and not easy to damage.
Disadvantages of LED lamps
1. The luminous surface is narrow. The single light-emitting surface of LED lamps is relatively narrow, and generally gather on the circuit board to form a relatively large light-emitting source.
2. Heat dissipation problem. Untimely heat dissipation of LED lamps will accelerate aging and affect service life.
3. High cost. LED lamp production is difficult and the initial purchase cost is high.
4. Harmful to eyes. If the LED light is too strong, it will cause damage to the glasses.
5. Toxic element content. LED lamps contain antimony, lead and other toxic metal elements.
The above is an introduction to the advantages and disadvantages of LED lamps. I hope it will be helpful to you.
(this article is compiled from Baidu Encyclopedia, Baidu know, pchouse Pacific home network and Shanghai Sansi)
Editor in charge: Tzh