Sensors are used in many ways, such as transferring information to where it is needed, and controlling processes remotely through a computer. Because sensors are the main focus of the way these devices work, it is very important to use the right sensors. Wired sensor and wireless sensor are the hottest topics in recent years, many people do not know how to choose.
Wired sensors are the most common in our daily life. In many cases, wired sensors are one of the most reliable systems, because they directly connect the sensor to the device receiving the input. This means that wired sensors are also the most durable system and do not need to be replaced frequently. However, it should be noted that the wired system requires a lot of space and is much more complex to maintain. Based on the purpose of sensor design, the burden will increase as more sensors are used.
As an alternative, wireless sensor is becoming more and more popular in sensor based applications. This is mainly because they are cheap to install and easy to maintain. In addition, it should be noted that wireless sensor networks can provide more flexibility. This makes it easier to adapt the sensor system to the needs of users.
Despite these advantages, wireless sensors still have some disadvantages. For example, they are usually limited by distance because the speed of data transmission depends on the position of the receiving device relative to the sensor. In contrast, wired sensor has more predictable data transmission time.
What’s the difference between wireless sensor and wired sensor? Of course, in terms of the main functions and purposes of the product, wired sensors and wireless sensors are used to monitor a certain working condition scene and extract the physical or chemical data on site to achieve the purpose of monitoring. In this sense, wireless sensor is an extension of traditional sensor.
What are the advantages of wireless sensor compared with traditional wired sensor?
1. Wireless sensor has high flexibility, which is suitable for mobile demand but inconvenient wiring, such as crane, mobile bottling equipment, transportation industry, automatic guided vehicle system and monorail conveyor.
2. Wireless sensor has high security. With the development of technology and the emergence of new threats, the upgrade ability of security maintenance is essential. The new encryption strategy and covert data transmission indicate that the security level of wireless system will surpass that of wired system. In addition, in some dangerous extreme environments, such as blasting occasions where wiring is not convenient, wireless sensors can ensure the safety of personnel.
3. Wireless sensor has high reliability. Wireless sensor can avoid the damage caused by the movement, such as the wire bending caused by the long drag chain, the twisting and breaking of the cable caused by the rotating movement, etc. At the same time, the failure factors caused by connector in wired network are eliminated.
4. Wireless sensor can greatly reduce the workload of personnel. Affected by the topography of bridges, rivers, mountains and rivers, where the cable can not be arbitrarily constructed, wireless sensor can reduce the labor cost and engineering cycle. When the fault occurs, the wireless sensor maintenance points are more concentrated, which can eliminate the tedious affairs of the previous patrol along the line.
5. Wireless sensors are cheap. Compared with wired sensor, wireless sensor has obvious cost advantage in installation, maintenance, fault diagnosis and upgrading.
As more and more offices, buildings and equipment adapt to work in the modern world, the decision to choose between the wireless and wired worlds has become the most important issue. Although wireless sensor has many advantages, wired sensor is not all undesirable. How to choose the correct sensor transmission mode, wired and wireless is not important, the important thing is to choose the sensor receiving input mode of “favorable weather, favorable location and favorable people”.
Editor in charge: CC