The whole industry chain of the intelligent wearable device industry involves many technologies, and its rapid development has aroused widespread concern of the whole society. A large number of leading enterprises, small and medium-sized innovative enterprises, entrepreneurs and investors in the field of IT technology at home and abroad have invested in the field of intelligent wearable devices.

Wearable device industry chain needs to be improved and mature

The wearable device industry chain includes a series of processes from chip solutions to appearance design, then to production assembly and application development. Hardware companies are committed to the development of wearable devices, easy to ignore the superposition and update of software; software companies are committed to the development of wearable software, but there are some deficiencies in hardware production, channel construction and after-sales service, which leads to the most common problem in the field of wearable segmentation is that all links of the industrial chain are disjointed, unable to form a closed-loop operation.

International mainstream wearable device manufacturers face fierce competition

The competitiveness of new intelligent hardware industry chain includes hardware supply chain, user base and platform operation service. Apple, Google and Microsoft have strong comprehensive competitiveness and are expected to take the lead in the field of new intelligent hardware.

Comparison of competitiveness of international mainstream wearable device manufacturers

The development of wearable device industry chain needs to be improved, and the competition among mature manufacturers is extremely fierce

Hardware manufacturers get most of the revenue

At present, most of the profits of wearable devices are still in the hands of hardware manufacturers, while service providers based on intelligent terminal products only get a small part of them. According to the data, 75% of the profits of wearable devices will be obtained by hardware manufacturers; the remaining 25% will be shared by semiconductor manufacturers and various service manufacturers, among which semiconductor manufacturers will get about 3%, manufacturers providing mobile commerce and other services will get about 18%, and manufacturers providing data analysis and consumer services will get about 4%.

China’s wearable device market is growing year by year

According to the “quarterly tracking report of China’s wearable device market” released by IDC, China’s wearable device shipment has increased year by year since 2016, and the year-on-year growth rate of the shipment in the first two quarters of 2019 has been maintained at more than 30%. In the second quarter of 2019, the shipment of wearable devices in China was 23.07 million units, a year-on-year increase of 34.3%; among them, the shipment of basic wearable devices (wearable devices that do not support third-party applications) was 18.46 million units, a year-on-year increase of 31.9%, and the shipment of intelligent wearable devices was 4.61 million units, a year-on-year increase of 45.0%. It is predicted that it will reach about 80 million units in 2019.

China’s wearable device consumption trend diversified development

With the development of technology, the application scenarios of wearable devices will be more extensive to meet the diversified needs of consumers, and the consumption trend is expected to develop in the direction of diversification.

Analysis on consumption trend of wearable devices in China

The development of wearable device industry chain needs to be improved, and the competition among mature manufacturers is extremely fierce

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *