The new raa2s425x product family integrates a variety of analog and digital functions to reduce the design time and cost of xev / EV / FCEV pressure sensing braking, transmission and HVAC systems.
Tokyo, Japan, September 28, 2021 – Renesas Electronics Group (TSE: 6723), a global semiconductor solution supplier, today announced the launch of raa2s245x product family IC for automotive pressure sensing system. The new raa2s245x product family can provide high-precision amplification and sensor correction for automotive xev / EV / FCEV pressure sensing braking, transmission and HVAC system signals. Raa2s425x product family has high integration and advanced digital and analog functions, which can significantly shorten the design cycle and reduce the customer’s system BOM and production cost.
Raa2s425x IC supports all mainstream pressure sensing technologies and has a high-performance analog front end (AFE) with enhanced signal conditioning. The product provides extended analog sensor offset compensation (xsoc), which is suitable for the conditioning of almost all resistance bridge signals, and can provide high-precision (0.35% – 1.0%) pressure and temperature readings in a wide temperature range (- 40 ° C to 150 ° C).
Raa2s425x IC integrates a 16 bit RISC microcontroller to provide digital compensation for signal offset, sensitivity, temperature drift and nonlinearity. It has a highly reliable nonvolatile memory (NVM), which can store calibration coefficients and configuration data in harsh automotive environments. Raa2s425x digitally communicates with calibration equipment to reduce noise sensitivity. The digital calibration method does not need to adjust the sensing elements, so that customers can maintain low assembly cost. As an ideal solution for safety and automotive harsh applications, raa2s425x integrates overvoltage and reverse polarity protection circuits, complies with iso26262 asil-b functional safety standard, and has excellent electromagnetic compatibility and a variety of diagnostic functions.
Christian wolf, vice president of Renesas electronic automotive sensors division, said: “the raa2s425x product family shows the unique functions brought by Renesas’s powerful combination of analog and digital technologies to customers in the automotive field. The new pressure sensing solution enables our customers to shorten the design cycle with high-precision and reliable systems while meeting stringent automotive safety requirements.”
Key features of raa2s425x pressure sensing solution
- High performance analog front end (AFE) for enhanced signal conditioning
- 0.35% – 1.0% high precision pressure reading, 13 to 18 Bit effective ADC resolution
- -40 ° C to 150 ° C wide temperature range; Aec-q100 grade 0 (- 40 ° C to 150 ° C) compliant
- Meet the asil-b level of vehicle iso26262 functional safety standard
- Extended analog sensor offset compensation (xsoc) supports multiple resistance bridges with optional on-chip PTAT (proportional to absolute temperature) to provide external temperature sensing
- Digital compensation for signal offset, sensitivity, temperature drift and nonlinearity to improve accuracy
- Digital calibration eliminates the need to adjust the sensing elements, thereby reducing assembly costs
- It has highly reliable nonvolatile memory, which can store calibration coefficients and configuration data
- Ratio analog output signal and 100 in maximum speed mode μ S output update rate
- Diagnosis and fault inspection of fail safe operation
- Provide static and temporary diagnostic modes
Renesas combines raa2s425x with its supporting MCU, analog and power supply devices to create a “successful product portfolio” for automotive xev / EV / FCEV pressure sensing braking, transmission and HVAC systems. Renesas has launched more than 250 “successful product portfolios” for various applications and terminal products.
Raa2s425x is now available; The product is packaged in 4mm x 4mm qfn-24 with wettable flank package.