At present, a large part of automotive electronic products is the compatible design for different vehicle enterprises. No matter how compatible it is internally, it is necessary to determine the connection interface requirements, including installation location, structure and electrical appliances. A prominent problem is the selection of connectors. Automobile connector and harness are the carrier of electric signal control for automobile. They organically connect the vehicle central control components with automobile control unit, electrical and electronic execution unit and electrical parts to form a complete automobile electrical and electronic control system.
(1) The content and quantity of automotive connectors and wire harnesses in automotive electronic technology is also an important index of automotive function and performance. (2) automotive connectors, about 200 wire harnesses and more than 350 connectors are required for a single vehicle.
When selecting connectors, we first need to consider the particularity of automobile connectors. The automobile connector is mainly determined by different vehicle enterprises, and the basic international standard is ISO 8092-2005.
(1) ISO 8092.1 dimensions and special requirements for single wire chip connectors, (2) ISO 8092.2 definitions, test methods and general performance requirements, (3) ISO 8092.3 dimensions and special requirements for multi wire chip connectors, (4) ISO 8092.4 dimensions and special requirements for cylindrical connectors for single wire and multi wire connectors.
As the international standards are the result of the game, many things are determined by the manufacturer, but the test parameters, test items and test methods can no longer meet the development status of the connector, so they are basically divided into three regional standards, representing some requirements of the automobile industry in the United States, Europe and Japan.
1) The connector performance specification uscar-2 formulated by the American Society of automotive engineering can represent the development status of the connector in terms of test parameters and test items, and is more operable in terms of test methods. General gmw3191 and Fiat’s 7-z8260 standards are written based on uscar-2. 2) Jaso d605-1996 automotive electronic connector: Japan Automobile Industry Association has also formulated a basic connector standard based on the comprehensive needs of Japanese automobile enterprises.
3) Test items, test conditions and test requirements for electrical and electronic components of vehicles under 3.5 tons of LV 124. This supply specification is prepared by representatives of automobile manufacturers Audi, BMW, Daimler, Porsche and Volkswagen. It is also a joint enterprise standard representing the German automobile industry, Due to the actual situation of automobile connectors, we also choose large or small, because there are many potential troubles caused by connector selection. Therefore, we not only refer to the standard system, but also select suppliers by ranking.
With the harness cost demand of domestic independent brands, domestic connector manufacturers do have a great improvement in cost and performance, and domestic vehicle enterprises also have their own ideas on selection at home and abroad. Therefore, in terms of performance, we should know something about the material and process of the connector in order to make a better choice. From the perspective of automotive process requirements, we need to review the processes such as terminal, housing and sealing. When selecting connectors, what angles should we consider connectors suitable for hardware use.
1. Mechanical performance: This includes mechanical life, mechanical stupidity, plug-in force of the connector, etc. 2. Electrical performance: the electrical performance of the connector mainly includes limit current, contact resistance, insulation resistance, electrical strength, etc.
3 environmental performance: the environmental performance of the connector mainly includes: temperature resistance, moisture resistance, salt spray resistance, vibration, impact, etc. Select according to the specific application environment. If the application environment is relatively humid, the requirements for moisture resistance and salt fog resistance of the connector are high to avoid corrosion of the metal contacts of the connector. Generally, these conditions need to be considered with reference to iso16750.