How does computer memory inadequacy do? Open the task manager of the system and click “performance” above to see the current memory usage. When the physical memory in our computer system is not enough, the system will automatically enable virtual memory to solve the problem of insufficient memory. At this time, we can adjust the virtual memory appropriately. The following small series for you to introduce in detail to solve the problem of insufficient computer memory.
How to increase the size of computer memory
Here are some common methods to deal with insufficient memory.
Tools / raw materials
The first step is to check the memory occupied by the system and software
1. Open the task manager of the system and click “performance” above to view the current memory usage, as shown in the figure below
2. It can be seen from here that I may not have much memory. So when I continue to open other programs, the available memory will be smaller, and then the system’s response will be slower and slower.
At this time, we can switch to the “process” tab of task manager, and then click “memory” to let the system sort by the size of memory occupied, as shown in the figure below
3. In this way, we can intuitively see that those programs occupy a lot of memory of the system, resulting in the slow running speed of our system.
As shown in the figure below, the application “Firefox” in my process management takes up a lot of memory. I don’t use Firefox to browse the web now, so I can close the application or end the process directly from task management to free up more memory.
4. When we go back to “performance” in task manager to check the current available memory, we will find that the system has more available memory than before, as shown in the figure below
5. This method is applicable to the situation that we install too many software on the computer, and there are many startup programs, such as some players and chat software started with the system
Through the task manager, we can understand the details of the memory we are currently using, and also help us find those software that occupy a large amount of memory space, so as to judge whether we want to end or completely delete these software from the system according to our own needs.
By cleaning up the software, we can close the software that we don’t use often but occupy the system memory, so as to release more memory space.
Second, adjust the virtual memory appropriately
1. When the physical memory in our computer system is not enough, the system will automatically enable virtual memory to solve the problem of insufficient memory. The so-called virtual memory is that the system uses an area on the hard disk as physical memory (RAM). However, because the read-write speed and memory of the hard disk are far from comparable, there will be a big difference in performance. When the system memory is not enough, you can find that our hard disk indicator will always flash, and at this time the computer’s reaction speed is particularly slow. At this time, the system is using the virtual memory on the hard disk to deal with our lack of physical memory.
2. Select “computer”, right-click and select “properties”. In the pop-up system window, click “advanced system settings” on the left, as shown in the figure below
3. Then, in the system properties window, click “advanced”, and then click “Settings”, as shown in the figure below
4. In performance options, click adjust to best performance. The advantage of this setting is that the visual effect is sacrificed, so that the system can reduce the occupation of hardware resources, as shown in the figure below
5. Next, we can click the “advanced” option to see the current “virtual memory” size, as shown in the figure below
6. If our computer memory is not enough, we can change the virtual memory appropriately. But please note that the larger the virtual memory, the better. Generally, do not exceed 2 times of the physical memory, otherwise the system may run slower
The third step is to increase the physical memory. If the above methods can not be used, the system will still have insufficient memory, it is recommended to install memory to solve the problem.
Adding memory to the system is the most obvious way to improve the running speed of the system.