Industrial chain of sensor industry
With the continuous development of China’s industrial field, the Internet of things is also widely used in the field of sensors. According to the different types of sensors, it can be roughly divided into temperature and humidity sensors, pressure sensors, image sensors, light sensors, position sensors, gravity sensors and so on. Among them, flow sensors, pressure sensors, temperature sensors occupy the largest market share.
In the domestic smart sensor market, the competitiveness of local enterprises is weak, and multinational companies account for 87% of the market share. However, the industrial ecology of China’s intelligent sensor industry is becoming more and more complete, with backbone enterprises in key links such as design, manufacturing, sealing and testing. China’s sensor manufacturers are mainly concentrated in the Yangtze River Delta region, and gradually form a regional spatial layout of Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Shenyang and Xi’an. There are more than 1700 enterprises engaged in the production and R & D of sensors in China, of which more than 50 are engaged in the development and production of microsystems. At the same time, sensors are more and more used in various fields of social development and human life. Such as industrial automation, agricultural modernization, aerospace technology, military engineering, robotics technology, resource development, ocean exploration, environmental monitoring, security, medical diagnosis, transportation, household appliances, etc.
Barriers to the development of sensors
Sensor is the bottom and frontier of Internet of things technology, which is of great significance to the development of Internet of things industry. The Internet of things is a highly integrated and comprehensive application of the new generation of information technology, which is of great significance to a new round of industrial change and the green, intelligent and sustainable development of economy and society.
1. Lack of specialization
Sensor design involves a wide range of professional fields, technology includes a variety of disciplines, theories, materials and process knowledge. So good sensor research and development needs all kinds of professional talents. At present, China is facing the situation of lack of talents, lack of R & D costs, and fierce competition among enterprises. As a result, China has not broken through some common key technologies of sensors. Moreover, due to the backward technical strength of Chinese enterprises and the lack of industry development norms, the sensor products in our country are not matched and do not form a series, and the phenomenon of repeated production and vicious competition is frequent, which makes the reliability of products poor and the low-end deviation more serious. The degree of industrialization is not proportional to the variety and series, so we can only rely on foreign imports for a long time.
Enterprises can also use high-efficiency special equipment and special process equipment. The mechanization and automation level of the production process is relatively high, and workers are easy to master the operation technology. They can organize production according to the specialization of objects, organize flow production line if conditions permit, prepare standard operation plan, and implement strict production control.
2. Capital restricts industrial development
China’s policy support for the sensor industry is not enough, which leads to the heavy tax burden of sensor enterprises. The sensor industry is characterized by high technology content, intensive talents and technology, higher development cost than other industries, heavy burden on enterprises, less tax policies in the same high technology, small scale of enterprises, and insufficient adaptability of various industrial policies, which makes it difficult to obtain project financial support.
Sensor enterprises have been impacted by imported products for a long time, market fairness is in disorder and barriers are too high. The supporting market in mature fields has been monopolized and squeezed by foreign countries for a long time, which leads to the lack of competitive advantages in production scale, variety, quality and price, the lack of market reaction speed and personalized service ability, and the lack of scale effect and pulling effect.
Development trend of intelligent sensor industry
At present, the sensor industry at home and abroad is in the key stage of transformation and development from traditional sensors to new sensors. Especially with the in-depth promotion of “industry 4.0”, sensors begin to develop in the direction of miniaturization, integration, intelligence, bionics and other modularization. The industrialization trend of low power consumption, low cost, standardization and long life is also increasingly obvious.
1. Miniaturization. Micro sensor is a MEMS (micro electro mechanical systems) technology based on the development of semiconductor integrated circuit technology. It uses micro machining technology to package the micro level sensitive components, signal processor and data processing device on a chip. It has the obvious advantages of small size, low cost and easy integration, and can improve the system test accuracy. Now we have begun to replace the existing products with sensors based on MEMS technology. With the rapid development of microelectronic processing technology, especially nano processing technology, sensor technology will evolve from micro sensor to nano sensor. The development and application of micro sensors will be widely used in more and more fields.
2. Digital. Intelligent sensor is the product of one or more sensitive elements, microprocessor, peripheral control and communication circuit, intelligent software system. It has the functions of monitoring, judgment, information processing and so on. Compared with traditional sensors, intelligent sensors have many advantages, for example, it can determine the working state of the sensor, correct the measured data, so as to reduce the error caused by environmental factors such as temperature and humidity; it can use software to solve the problems that are difficult to solve by hardware; it can complete data calculation and processing, and the accuracy and range coverage of intelligent sensors are improved The range, signal-to-noise ratio, intelligence level, remote maintainability, accuracy, stability, reliability and interchangeability of sensors are much higher than those of general sensors.
3. Bionics. By simulating human behaviors such as vision, hearing, feeling, smell and thinking, intelligent sensors have developed devices to automatically capture information, process information and imitate human behaviors. It is a new information technology developed by biomedicine, electronics and Engineering in recent years. With the further development of biotechnology and other technologies, in the near future, intelligent sensors that simulate biological functions will surpass the ability of human facial features, further improve the current robot’s vision, taste, touch and ability to operate the target object, and promote the application of intelligent sensors in a broader market space.
4. Integration. The development of sensor is becoming more and more integrated, and it is transforming and upgrading to the direction of sensor fusion and system integration to enhance added value, that is, from discrete devices to intelligent sensor integrated with sensing and data processing. MCU or on-board system integrates the analog-to-digital conversion interface circuit, signal processing circuit and data output circuit required by MEMS sensor. System level package (SIP) or system on chip (SOC) integrates MCU and MEMS sensor to form intelligent sensor node.