EDA engineers often need to deal with structural engineers in the process of PCB design. The DXF file is the medium of communication between structural engineers and EDA engineers. In this paper, Allegro import DXF file for the detailed process to do a detailed description, I see that most of the online related articles are relatively poor, so write this article in order to better help readers solve the problem.
1. As far as I know, most structural engineers in China will give files in DWG format by default, which is not supported in allegro. EDA engineers can ask structural engineers to give files in DXF format. If EDA engineers don’t want to trouble structural engineers, they can also download appropriate software to convert DWG format to DXF format. The following figure shows the open DXF file.
2. Before importing DXF file into Allegro, make sure to make a preparation: set DXF file and PCB to the same unit. In my work experience, the DXF / DWG files given by the structural engineer are all in mm units. In order to smooth the subsequent import process, it is strongly recommended that DXF and PCB be set to the same unit. EDA engineers usually use mil units. It is suggested that EDA engineers first change the unit to mm.
3. Click setup > design parameters in Allegro, and in the pop-up design parameters Editor dialog box, click the design tab to change user units to milimeter, and finally click OK to confirm. The process is as follows.
4. Click File > Import > DXF, as shown in the figure below.
5. Find the DXF file you want to import.
six . At this time, it should be noted that a very important operation is to check incremental addition, that is, to add on the original basis. I see that many netizens on the Internet have encountered such a problem: after importing DXF, all the original contents in the PCB have disappeared, just because the incremental addition is not checked. The correct way is as follows.
7. Click lib Icon to save the configuration file in an appropriate directory. In fact, it is OK not to make adjustments by default. The most important operation is to click Edit / view layers Icon, select the layer to import.
8. In the DXF in edit / view layers dialog box that pops up, check select all to import all. Click the drop-down box behind class and select board geometry to import all DXF files into board geometry, as shown in the following figure.
9. According to my habit, I will create a new subclass. Click the new subclasses button, and enter the appropriate name in the pop-up dialog box. For example, name it beamsky, and click OK to add it, as shown in the following figure.
10. At this time, click the map button to map all the contents in the DXF file under board geometry / beamsky, as shown in the following figure.
11. At this time, click OK to return to the DXF in dialog box, and click the import button to complete the DXF file import, as shown in the figure below.
12. The effect of importing is shown in the figure below.