ZigBee is mainly used in a short distance range and the data transmission rate is not high between various electronic devices. ZigBee’s name comes from the communication mode used by bee colony for survival and development. ZigBee shares information about the location, distance and direction of newly discovered food sources by dancing ZigBee shaped dance.
With more and more applications of ZigBee, people pay more and more attention to its communication technology. Today, let’s take a look at ZigBee’s ability to go through the wall? What is the transmission distance of ZigBee communication technology?
From its own point of view, ZigBee is not an advantage in the aspect of wall penetration. It is more reflected in the group network. For the improvement of ZigBee’s through wall ability, it is generally recommended to increase the power amplifier of ZigBee, amplify the signal to realize the continuity of through wall distance, or adopt the way of relay.
ZigBee technology features include the following parts:
1. The data transmission rate is low. Only 10KB / S ~ 250kb / s, focusing on low transmission applications.
2. Low power consumption. In the low power consumption standby mode, two ordinary No. 5 dry batteries can be used for more than 6 months. This is a unique advantage that ZigBee’s supporters have always been proud of.
3. Low cost. Because ZigBee data transmission rate is low, the protocol is simple, so the cost is greatly reduced; Motorola and Philips, which have actively invested in ZigBee development, have officially launched chips in 2003. Philips estimates that the chip cost applied to the host end and the cost of other terminal products are more competitive than Bluetooth.
4. The network capacity is large. Each ZigBee network can support up to 255 devices, which means that each ZigBee device can be connected to another 254 devices.
5. The effective range is small. The effective coverage range is 10 ~ 75m, which is determined by the actual power and various application modes. It can basically cover ordinary home or office environment.
6. The working frequency band is flexible. The frequency bands used are 2.4GHz, 868mhz (Europe) and 915MHz (USA), which are all unlicensed frequency bands.
Comparison between ZigBee and other short-range wireless communication technologies
Let’s take a brief look at some possible applications of ZigBee module, including smart home, industrial control, automatic meter reading, medical monitoring, and sensor network applications.
Smart home: there may be a lot of electrical and electronic equipment in the home, such as lights, TV sets, refrigerators, washing machines, computers, air conditioners, etc., and there may also be smoke sensors, alarms, cameras and other equipment. In the past, we can achieve point-to-point control at most, but if we use ZigBee technology, we can connect these electronic and electrical equipment to form a network , and even can connect to the Internet through the gateway, so that users can easily monitor the situation of their home in any place, and save the trouble of wiring at home.