Advantages and disadvantages of driverless vehicles
1. Economic benefits
Once the automatic driving vehicle is fully integrated into our daily vehicle and road transportation system, it will bring huge economic benefits to the whole society. As a reference, China’s road traffic accidents happen more than 200 thousand a year, resulting in direct economic losses exceeding 1 billion 200 million yuan. Even if the automatic driving vehicle can only reduce the 10% accident, it can save 120 million yuan RMB loss.
2. Saving lives
According to statistics, 90% of the road traffic accidents are caused by human errors, including the proportion of distraction, fatigue, drunk driving and speeding. A total of 1 million 300 thousand people are killed every year in the world, and only 60 thousand people in China alone. The self driving vehicle will eliminate all the accidents caused by human error factors, which will greatly reduce the incidence of accidents.
3. People who can’t drive can travel more easily
This includes color blindness, the elderly and the disabled. These people often do not have the ability or right to drive, but self driving cars will enable them to enjoy driving or convenient travel, and will not pose danger to themselves or others.
4. More time saving
Self driving cars can perceive other cars around them and communicate with them. Random parking, random lane changing and traffic jam will become a thing of the past. This makes traffic order even better. Small scraping and collision accidents at low speed will also be avoided, and the corresponding vehicle speed will become faster than now, and people’s travel efficiency will be higher.
5. Better environment and air quality
The best way to achieve automatic driving is electrification, which includes pure electric or fuel cell. Although fuel vehicle is not a factor that causes environmental pollution, it is still one of the core factors. This is a global consensus that fuel vehicles will release more emissions at high speed, braking and re acceleration, while electric vehicles are not the 0 emissions in real sense. The actual emissions will still be greatly reduced.
6. More friendly to people who don’t like driving
Not everyone love to drive, but for most people, they have to spend some time on the car. The most intolerable is long-distance driving and peak driving. But the self driving car can make driving a pleasant thing, and it can also give you more disposable time in the day.
1. Increase car ownership by a large margin
According to the characteristics of autopilot, some people who do not have the driving ability may also have this kind of transportation. The number of cars will increase substantially, but this is not always a good thing. It may bring some other problems, such as parking spaces will become more intense.
Autopilot is more like a robot. It is controlled by established procedures and AI chips. For all automated systems, there is always a risk of hacking or crashing because of faults or Bug. No system is absolutely reliable. If hackers can enter the vehicle system, it can control the car to do anything.
3. Loss of job
The popularity of autopilot will certainly make people lose their jobs by driving business vehicles. This is the necessity of social and technological development. A self driving lorry without faults can operate continuously and ensure safety for 24 hours. It can produce multiple benefits, but human driving is hard to achieve.
4. The cost is too high
Like any new technology month after month and year after year, the cost of an autopilot car may be astronomical at the very beginning. It is estimated that the cost of the automatic driving vehicle currently under test is about 300 thousand dollars, which is equivalent to a 300-400 car for the Chinese.
5. The transition phase faces enormous challenges
According to the global perspective of IHS, a world-renowned economic advisory body, the number of self driving cars will gradually increase to 9.2% in the next 10-15 years, that is to say, at least 9 autopilot cars in every 100 vehicles, the coexistence of traditional cars and self driving cars, is the biggest challenge to the practicability, reliability and safety of autopilot.
6. People who love driving feel sorry
It is a great pity for those who love driving and enjoy driving pleasure and control feelings. If the future self driving vehicle is fully popularized, this era is developing in this direction, because manual, rear, multi cylinder, large displacement cars have been less and less.
The future of driverless cars
As the future research direction of automobile, driverless has a profound impact on the automobile industry and even the transportation industry. The advent of driverless vehicles will liberate human hands, reduce the frequency of traffic accidents, and ensure people’s safety. At the same time, with the breakthrough and continuous advancement of core technologies such as artificial intelligence and sensor detection, driverless vehicles will become more intelligent and realize the industrialization of driverless vehicles. However, the emergence of any technology is a gradual process of continuous innovation, unmanned driving from the emergence to maturity to be able to use in the world, requires the unremitting efforts of every Autobot.
One day in the future, when driverless cars become popular, many existing social systems will be strongly impacted. For example, people will no longer need the rigid regulations of driving license and insurance. With the popularization of information technology, driverless vehicles will be connected with mobile communication technology, and driverless vehicles can keep in touch with each other at any time through mobile communication. If it’s an electric driverless car, perhaps it’s no longer out of reach to buy an electric car from the State Grid Corporation. The fuel bill will be replaced by electricity, and the gas station will be dismantled. Taxis on the road don’t need a “taxi brother”, and the occupation of taxi drivers will gradually disappear. The emergence of driverless brings us infinite beautiful vision.
1. Future vision and goal realization of unmanned driving
Recently, the scene and function of an Audi car advertisement in China is Audi’s vision of future driverless driving. New generationAudi A8 (parameter picture) is equipped with Level 3 level autopilot technology – the world’s first to achieve this level of a self driving car. In fact, level 3 automatic driving technology is an important watershed of automatic driving technology, which is the difference between “automatic assisted driving” and “unmanned driving”. Level 2 mostly corresponds to the current common ADAS (advanced intelligent driving assistance) technology. It includes auxiliary driving functions such as ACC (Adaptive Cruise), AEB (emergency brake) and LDWS (lane departure warning system). The driver of the vehicle must be the driver himself. The appearance of level 3 allows the driver to release the steering wheel and divert his attention during driving, and even AI will replace the driver to drive the car at critical moments. This level of automatic driving technology is more in line with our imagination of “unmanned driving”.
2. Problems and difficulties of driverless vehicles in the future
At present, driverless technology in China has been developing continuously and has made great progress. Driverless vehicles have been recognized by the public. However, it still needs a long way to go to realize the popularization of driverless vehicles. The key technology level is not high, the parts are not localized seriously, and the policies and regulations need to be improved power.
(1) Technical issues. At present, the exploration of domestic driverless technology is still based on the technology that has appeared in foreign countries, which is mainly divided into two patterns: one is that automobile enterprises mainly take Tesla technology of the United States as the model, and the other takes Google technology route as the standard to explore. Precise positioning and navigation is the most important part of the realization of unmanned driving. Only by realizing the refinement of precise positioning and navigation can the safety and reliability of unmanned driving be ensured.
At present, due to technical factors, high-precision GPS is restricted by foreign restrictions and can not be applied in civil vehicles. However, the sensitivity of ordinary civil GPS is defective, which can not guarantee the realization of accurate positioning. Although China’s self-developed Beidou navigation system has been put into use, it still has a long way to go to catch up with GPS. At present, it is widely used to cooperate with electronic map surveying and mapping enterprises to obtain the relative accuracy of positioning. As the eyes of automobile, vehicle sensors and high-precision lidar can not guarantee that their accuracy requirements are still controlled by people in China. How to realize the localization of vehicle control technology is not only an inevitable problem to realize driverless driving, but also a problem that must be solved when China’s automobile industry goes to the world.
(2) Policies and regulations. Although the United States, Japan and other developed countries encourage the rapid development of driverless technology, they have also made clear restrictions on driverless vehicles on the road. How to realize driverless in the true sense is a problem that must be faced. If driverless cars want to drive legally, they must first solve the problem of policies and regulations. In the actual driving process of driverless vehicles, it is inevitable that accidents will occur due to some reasons. How to divide the accident responsibility and how to make a fair judgment and so on are the issues to be discussed and verified in depth. At present, there are no perfect policies and regulations for driverless vehicles in those countries. In order to realize the popularization of driverless vehicles, it is a problem that must be solved and needs to be paid more attention.
(3) Difficulties and difficulties. One of the most important uses of driverless is to be used in some special environments. Because of the difficulties in the survival of people in some special environments, unmanned driving can overcome these problems, but it also needs to solve the impact of various extreme environments such as extreme cold and complex road conditions, which is also all the difficulties faced by the future development of unmanned driving.
On the highway, the driverless car mainly guarantees to drive according to the road safety signs and vehicle identification information, which can largely solve the risk caused by fatigue and other factors on the highway. In the urban road driving, the road conditions are mainly complex environment and high mobility of personnel. When the motor vehicle is driving, we should pay more attention to the road information, which has higher requirements for perception and artificial intelligence control algorithm. Driverless in urban environment is a greater challenge to driverless technology. How to improve the mobility and safety of driving will be the difficulty to be overcome in the future.